What is NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (also known as NDIS) is a scheme of the Australian Government that provides funding to eligible people with disabilities so they can:
- Gain more time with family and friends
- Gain greater independence
- Have access to new skills, jobs, or volunteering in their community
- Have an improved quality of life.
The NDIS also connects anyone with disability to services in their community, such as:
- Doctors and other medical practitioners
- Community groups
- Sporting clubs
- Libraries and schools
The NDIS also provides information about the supplied supports relative to each state and territory government. For more information on the supports of NSW, click here.
Am I eligible?
If you’re wondering if you may be eligible for an NDIS support plan, have a read of the NDIS eligibility checklist below:
- Am I between the age of 9 and 65?
- Am I an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or Protected Special Category Visa holder?
- Am I living in Australia?
- Do I have a disability caused by a permanent impairment?
- Do I require disability-specific support services to complete daily life activities?
- Do I require current support to reduce my need for future assistance?
- Does my family need to learn and build on their skills to support me better?
If you do not meet the above requirements, you may not be eligible for an NDIS plan. For more information on NDIS eligibility, click here.
How do I apply?
We’ve condensed your application process into four easy steps:
Check the eligibility checklist on the official NDIS website.
you can call 1800 800 110 or email email@example.com to find out if you’re eligible.
You can call 1800 800 110 to make a Verbal Access Request (VAR) or fill out an Access Request Form (ARF) on the official NDIS website.
You can do this by phone, email, or at an NDIS or Local Area Coordinator (LAC) office.
The NDIA will check your application and evidence to make sure you are eligible.
If successful, they will contact you regarding which supports you are most suitable for.
That’s where we come in!
Speak with us to get your personalised and tailored care program started.