Short-Term Accommodation (also known as STA or Respite) is an NDIS fund that provides support and accommodation for a short time away from your usual home. Sometimes a short stay away from home:
- Gives you the chance to try new things
- Can be a place to make new friends and develop new skills
- May help to maintain your current living situation by giving your informal supports a break
- May suit your needs if your usual support network isn’t available for a short period
At WISH our STA support includes:
- 24/7 assisted living support
- Safe, clean, and furnished accommodations
- Personal care
- All day meals
- Activities and support to enhance your goals
- Short-term respite or regular, ongoing respite of your choosing
- Emergency respite
- Respite for caregivers
If you choose our STA support you’ll receive such benefits as:
- Increased independence away from home
- Increased social participation and engagement
- A deeper developed capacity to actively take part in the community
- A calm and safe environment in the event of unforeseen circumstances
Need help with your eligibility? Great news! WISH is a Registered NDIS Service Provider and we are happy to help you navigate the eligibility process, understand the NDIS, and find the support that best suits your needs.
Already have an NDIS plan? No problem! WISH support services can work around your pre-existing plan so you still receive the best care specific to your needs.
Compatibility matters! WISH has a very thorough compatibility assessment. We want all of our participants to feel safe and comfortable to learn at their own pace within our group environments!